Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 31, 2015- Natural Disaster

If you had to evacuate your home because of a natural disaster, what three things would you take with you?

We actually live in a high fire area and have had close calls where we have almost had to evacuate. When we were teenagers, my parents often had conversations with us about what we need to get if we were ever home alone and there was an evacuation. There is one item in our house that my parents have always told us we need to take because it carries important info. So, if I was home alone, I would take that first.

However, if I was not home alone there are 3 things I know for sure I would take. The first thing would be my dog Tyson. He would be the first thing I would pick up and put in the car. The next thing I would grab would be my computer. Not only would it help in communicating with people, but it has a lot of old pictures and important info on it. The last thing I would grab would be some food and water because who knows when I would get some again. Other than that, everything else I could buy again. I know a lot of people say they "can't live without…" but that's not true. As long as my family and my dog were safe, that's all I really need.




No comments:

Post a Comment